Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Destination NYC





Via Etsy jenwoodhouse

T oday we do the kids drop off with grandparents....and I am off to NYC with the Hubby...on an improptu trip.  He has business and I said "you aren't going without me!" so off we go. This is actually the first plane trip hubby and I have made since having kids...WOW!  I have NEVER been to NYC and am so overwhelmed with what to do, see, and most importantly EAT!  When I travel, I am more of a roamer, not a planner.  I like to see what the trip brings me.   How did people travel with out all of the technology we have today????  Well, they looked at signs like these and figured it out.  They probably actually had a plan (unlike me:)  Can't wait to see how it all pans out. SOOOO EXCITED!!!!


I am loving all of the destination signs or subway sign art.  They have become quite popular, and make a great design statement.

Here are some great finds and unique ways of using them in decor.




I just might be in L-O-V-E....British Route Sign Designs.  So graphic and SO cool! 




via roomstoinspire
Count on Restoration Hardware to start a trend.


So wish me luck on the trip and that I don't get too lost....

--Gretchen

2 comments:

Michael Wurm Jr said...

love, love, love this subway art. it's so graphic, beatiful and personal.

and the chair? so unique!!

Gretchen O. said...

I know, right? I am definately going to use that chair somewhere, someday! Thanks for stopping by!