Monday, April 4, 2011

Randomness from Metrolina!


My finds!


Yesterday I was lucky enought  to steal away to Charlotte with my friend Sandy...to the Metrolina Spring Extravagaza! (for those of you that don't know it is a huge antique market, that they have on the first weekend of every month,  and 2X a year they have an extravaganza where there are tons more vendors)   The weather was beautiful and there was inspiration around every corner.

I woke up this morning still thinking about a couple things that I was like "I will be back to get that"!  But before I knew it it was 4:00 and time to leave.  I don't even think we scratched the surface.  But it was a so much fun, and something I REALLY want to try  to do every 1st weekend.

Anyway, for those of you within driving distance I HIGHLY reccommend it.

Here are some random shots I took of things that struck my fancy.

such a pretty blue...ya'll know how much I love dishes!

For the Biology and flower lover...flower lover I am, biologist I am NOT, but I could pretend for this beauty...
This is one that got away!  I love all of the colors!

They just don't transport things like they used to...I could think of lots of uses for these.
More on this later.....

This wedgewood china had the prettiest color yellow...

A beautiful vinyette of paintings...From The Pink Party Dress.  Turns out the owner, Cameron, and I have bid against each other in a couple of auctions....she has a few pieces that just slipped thru my fingers:)  She is from Columbia too.  Amazing style, you must check her out.

I couldn't resist this shot..that said.....these tables TOTALLY stress me out. ...but I bet there are thousands of things ready to be recreated from all of this jumble of beads...there might even be a diamond...so, dig, dig, dig!

These industrial beauties.  There is just something about them...

accidently chopped off the nose...but can't you just see this in some lucky girls bedroom?
The paint and patina are so pretty.

My friend and I both spotted these behind a table at the same time....looked at each other and said
"Do you see what I see????" and ran to fondle the corbels.  Something about them just strewn on the straw was so cool.  They were GORG!

Turns out there was a moment when we thought we needed a truck!


those flecks of paint...to Die for...oh, and I think we snapped this photo because the door was FINALLY shut!
because trying to get this into the back of my friend, Sandy's car, was well...comical!  She pushed while I pulled, no mas....we pulled it back out....we tried different angles, we thought, and we we thought, we manauvered...20 Minutes later....the frame and  I were wedged in the car...and this girl is not as limber as she used to be:)  But it all worked out.....we will just keep that little scrape on the top of the cloth ceiling to ourselves:)




Did anyone else find any goodies this weekend????

Happy MOnday...Spring Break 2011  Whoo, Hoo!  I will be spending mine...restyling, re-furbished, re-doing, and entertaining my kids....my how things have changed!


7 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Oh what fun!! I am considering going up for this! I am in Charleston!

My Interior Life said...

Love all your goodies! Must make a mental note to hit Metrolina!

ALR said...

Looks like tons of fun! The massive pile of beads and such makes me cringe. Lord, that is a mess. I can't wait to see what you create with your finds.

LiveLikeYou said...

That looks like serious fun!! I would have been dangerous there. I always find that either I buy nothing, but once I start...I want to buy it all, even of it's something I might hate later, because I just get on a roll!! I sometimes should be restrained.

Meredith Jewell said...

Very cool! I will have to check this place (thing) out soon! I have always admired your taste in decorating & especially tablescapes, but I look forward to blogging about something "old but new to me" that's very special one day soon...and it reminds me of all your posts on old, unique, fine china. More on that to come...

A Perfect Gray said...

jealous! and some great art, too...

Rashon Carraway said...

I am really trying to figure out why didnt I go?
My mind is so far gone these days!





Rashon aka Mr. Goodwill Hunting