Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Perfectly Imperfect Home....

My new Favorite Book
If this book doesn't sum up my aesthetic, I don't know what does.  I think we all should embrace a little bit of Imperfectly, perfect!  Deborah Needleman, founding editor of the much coveted Domino Magazine has hit a home run with this book. Not only are the illustrations  (by the oh so talented Virginia Johnson) just amazing, but the meat of the book is so informative....with tidbits on everything from lighting, to how to make a bed (the easy way AND the hard way!)  There is something in it for everyone from the decorator to someone who just wants to zhush their own home.

  I took the book with me to my daughter's swim practice last night, and almost forgot to go down and pick her up out of the pool, because I was so engrossed!

In the forward Deborah says...

"Embracing imperfection in a home does not mean that anything goes.  Here it means aiming for beauty tempered by reality.  If real life involves mess, accidents, memory, and the incidental, then so too must decorating account for serendipity, and even embrace it."

"Luxury cannot be defined by expense or grandeur.  Style is luxury, and luxury is simply what makes you happy."

According to Deborah, the point of decorating is to create the background for the best life you can have, with all its joys and imperfections.

Amen sister!  This book is going with me on every client meeting.

 Take a look for yourself.


I am waiting on the Perfectly, Imperfect LIFE book to drop in my lap....things are crazy, but good around here. 



Happy Tuesday.

1 comment:

Holly Gruszka said...

It's on my Christmas list - hoping Santa is good to me :)