Thursday, January 5, 2012

No two Paisleys created equal.




I adore a good paisley.  I don't know what it is about them, but the more I think about it, the more I think it is the random, yet cohesive nature of a paisley.  You can almost get lost in the design, it can be intricate or not, but the nature of it remains the same.  No paisley is created equal.

Yesterday, I doodled a paisley and think it turned out pretty well.  My husband even said...how did you get it so "symetrical"...to which I replied...."talent, my dear...pure talent", and then erupted into a giggle...TeeHee.  I of course could pick it apart and do things differently....but you have to start somewhere.

Here are some more paisleys for your viewing pleasure.

Paisley pillows.
The window treatments are so nice, with just a little paisley.
So graphic, yet the refined nature of a paisley brings in a tad of the traditional.
paisley walls?  I love all of the different bold colors.
quite obviously a stencil...but look at how different it seems from the last image.
paisley pants??
GORGEOUS!!!  I love the wallpaper.  I have seen it before, is it Farrow and Ball?
Traditional, yet very different paisley.  I love the design.

I love how Peter Dunham works a paisley.
All from Peter Dunham.

Really, ya'll I could go ON and ON and ON....instead I will point you to pinterest where you could spend hours researching Paisley alone! BTW: All photos are from Pinterest.

Have a wonderful Thursday.  I will be baking a Birthday Cake for my Dear Husband....and working on some other top secret stuff.  Maybe I will crank out another paisley...the day is my oyster! (can you tell I have had a couple cups of coffee!)  Off to work.

4 comments:

Holly Gruszka said...

Oh girl, I'm right there with you on the paisley. I've always had a little crush on all things paisley. And really they are such a classic design too. I'll have to follow along with you on Pinterest.

Unknown said...

I am not a huge fan of paisleys but they are growing on me. Especially since I am doing a wedding suite an blog logo that have paisleys incorporated in them. Love the drawing? Think you'll transfer it to fabric?

pve design said...

I adore your design! Show us the cake....will there be any paisley"s on top? I love paisley designs.
pve

Unknown said...

Oooh your doodle is fabulous! And I too love me a yummy paisley! Nice round up!
Cathy